- Load and unload construction materials, and move materials to work areas.
- Erect/install and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring and barricades required at construction sites.
- Mix, pour and spread materials such as concrete and asphalt. Assist tradespersons such as carpenters, and cement finishers in construction activities.
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using rake and shovel.
- Assist demolishing buildings using prying bars and other tools, and sort, clean, and pile salvaged materials.
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment.
- Operate pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers as directed.
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction such as mixers, compressors and pumps.
- Clean up chemical spills and other contaminants and remove other hazardous materials.
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites.
Working in the construction industry or general labour is an asset.
The ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time. Manual dexterity, balance for working on scaffolding. To solve arithmetic problems quickly and accurately. The ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner. Get along well with others and client service interaction skills.