The Construction Labourer will be responsible for preparing and cleaning up construction sites, moving materials and equipment, and performing demolition, excavation and compaction activities.
- Load and unload construction materials, and move materials to work areas.
- Erect/install and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring and barricades required at construction sites.
- Mix, pour and spread materials such as concrete and asphalt.
- Assist tradespersons such as carpenters, and cement finishers in construction activities.
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using rake and shovel.
- Assist demolishing buildings using prying bars and other tools, and sort, clean, and pile salvaged materials.
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment.
- Operate pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers as directed.
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction such as mixers, compressors and pumps.
- Clean up chemical spills and other contaminants and remove other hazardous materials.
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites.
- Abiding by OH&S. Maintaining a clean construction site.
- If required flagging traffic. If required site entrance/gate person.
- Maintain organization of Sea-Can.
- Maintain organization of rental tools.
- If required, operate elevator.
- Adhere to Frontier Employees policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience working in construction is an asset
- CSTS 09
- WHMIS 2015
- OSSA Fall Protection training
Skills & Knowledge:
- The ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, balance for working on scaffolding.
- The ability to solve arithmetic problems quickly and accurately.
- The ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Get along well with others and client service interaction skills.
Environmental aspects (weather, heights, etc.) play an important role for this position since work is often outdoors.
*Please note this is a safety sensitive position.